Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Speed Limits, Stealth Vehicles & Choices

As I drive through our town and West Knox County, I notice that there are a vast majority of people who couldn't care less about their fellow man. They have obviously decided that they are #1 and nobody else matters. Those of you who speed, pull out in front of people, cut them off, etc., have made our town and county a dangerous place to be! In the past few posts (and many before that), I've been commenting on drivers around here. Well, yesterday was the "straw that broke this camel's back!" I got cut-off 3 times, passed while doing the speed limit even more and almost got into an accident because of drivers who believe that they are in the Farragut/West Knox 500. All of this just heading back and forth to work! I swear, I'm driving a Buick Rendezvous and that's no small vehicle, and it's not that quick at stopping, either! Yet, people act as if I don't even exist. Maybe I'm driving one of those new "stealth" cars. Well, I've decided that the next one that tries to pull any stunts like I had to deal with yesterday, I'm going to hit them, it's either that or end up hitting someone else! Well, it's the idiot's choice for pulling out in front of me with a couple of car lengths when I have nowhere to go and can't do much else when I'm doing the speed limit. I've had enough!

Off the soapbox...until next time...


--
Anonymous comments are allowed, just keep them clean, o.k.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike said:
I notice that there are a vast majority of people who could care less about their fellow man.


----Actually Mike, I believe that they "could not" care less. If they "could care less" then they care. Yesterday, I had memorable traffic experiences as well but in Fountain City; the folks there seem to travel at a slower pace and are cordial drivers.
Kimberly

August 24, 2005 9:16 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Kimberly,

You got me. I've edited my post to correct that mistake. Thanks.

August 25, 2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Well, until someone pays for their mistake, I guess I'll just have to be resigned to driving extra defensively, huh...

August 29, 2005 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put in a roundabout. That would slow them down.

August 29, 2005 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, that would slow them down, but will it be enough?

August 30, 2005 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home