Monday, June 20, 2005

Supporting Your Local Farragut Businesses, Part 2

I have been told that I should practice what I preach! Well, get me a Target, Sears, Lowes, Best Buy, etc., so I can. How long are we as residents going to put up with the vacant K-Mart Building? We're seeing all the nice new development in Turkey Creek, but all we're seeing here in Farragut is more and more businesses leaving. I see that the old Europa Restaurant is being renovated and will be opening as a Thai Restaurant pretty soon, so that's good. But what about all the other boarded up and vacant businesses? What is our West Knox/Farragut Chamber of Commerce doing to get those filled? Or are they too busy promoting Knoxville's side of Turkey Creek? From a resident's Point Of View, it sure seems like it.

Anyway, please feel free let me know how my perception isn't reality.

--
Anonymous comments are allowed, but keep them clean, o.k. We don't want to become the editng police!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope none of those businesses relocate to Farragut and so should you; why? Businesses typically locate centrally to a socioeconomic midpoint...if that is Farragut, the sprawl will continue and all of the problems that have been griped about will increase. The best thing would be for Farragutians to sell and re-invest inward...that of course will not happen so impact fees are once again the obvious answer.
Roy

June 20, 2005 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Businesses typically locate centrally to a socioeconomic midpoint...if that is Farragut, the sprawl will continue and all of the problems that have been griped about will increase.

Interesting point. I've never thought of it in that way before. But, then again, I'm one that prefers convenience and local business over travelling (I don't even like going to West Town Mall). I even will pay a couple cents more a gallon just to keep my money local.

June 21, 2005 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One reason you see so many businesses moving out, is that the town of Farragut makes it increadibly difficult to do business in the town.
It is much easier and cheaper to do new construction and renovation in other areas of the county. For a town that lives on sales tax, you would think they could be more business friendly.

June 27, 2005 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home