Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Buddy of mine in Farragut thinks he wants a roommate.

I've got a friend that thinks he needs a roommate to make ends meet. Personally, his budget is just a little short and if he'd make some small adjustments to his budget he'd be fine. But he says he likes the way he's living so, in order to live that lifestyle, he needs a roommate.

I've told him my opinion, but agreed to ask for yours. He wants any and all stories, good or bad. He'll be looking at your entries, so let him have it. I appreciate your indulgence on this one!

FI

--
Anonymous comments are allowed, but keep them clean, o.k. We don't want to become the editng police!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just say no. Unless the roommate is a cat or a dog your friend will have many new friends. Some with habits and hobbies he may not enjoy. If the goal is to save money take a look at if the savings are there.

New roommate breaks the glass dinning room table. New roommates friend breaks refrigerator door (this actually happened to me). New roommate’s old girlfriend eggs your house.

New roommate needs to borrow your:

Car

Golf clubs

Tennis racquet

Jet ski

Boom box

Underwear

See now he is borrowing underwear. Happy now? Tell you friend if he is lonely to get a dog.

June 14, 2005 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take up jogging. Get a cheaper car. Change your lifestyle. Spend time in Church. A good roommate is difficult to find. I never had a good roommate. Not a single one. They always borrowed my stuff and never returned it.

Sally

June 14, 2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for the tips. I'll admit, I actually had a good roommate, not ONCE, but TWICE! The rest I had to figure out how to deal with their quirks and refusal to pay for stuff they broke.

Here's my list of offenses--
1. Roommate burned my trench coat by tossing it on a room heater (almost burning the apt.), but he wouldn't replace it.
2. Same roommate in #1, was a total slob who didn't clean anything up in his 1/2 of the apt.
3. Roommate #2 borrowed money from me AND his folks to cover debts and never paid them back.
4. Roommate #2 purchased books in my name and didn't pay for them. I eventually ended up paying for the books and collection fees!
5. Roommate #3 borrowed my VCR, broke said VCR and didn't pay for repairs (this was when a VCR still cost $500)
6. Roommate #4 sublet my basement to other folks (without my knowledge), had a kid who ruined the carpet, stairs and other stuff and didn't pay for those repairs, either.

This is why I told him NOT to get a roommate...

June 15, 2005 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home