Monday, May 02, 2005

Sunday Drive, Monday Gripe!

Yesterday, I was doing some shopping with my neighbors (the same neighbors that were involved in an accident last week) as well as touring their children who came in from out-of-town to visit. Well, I've been following the speed limit (Needless to say, my neighbors have been justifiably antsy and nervous after the accident) and have been driving more defensively than ever! Well, while we were out, not once, not twice, but THREE different times, people sped up behind us, went around us and cut us off only to be caught up at the next traffic light. I'm really getting tired of speaking on traffic challenges in West Knox County, but here I am again doing just that!

Is your desire to beat me to the next light that important? If so, call your local representative and tell them you want the speed limit increased! Otherwise, sit back and calm down! Otherwise, I will put in a paintball gun in my Sports Wagon!

--
Anonymous comments are allowed, but keep them clean, o.k. We don't want to become the editng police!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to let myself get upset by these "accidents waiting to happen" driving recklessly.

But then I got a speeding ticket in Va on Hwy 81. I usually only go 5 or 10 miles over the limit on a hwy but I guess I wasn't paying attention. It was my first ticket in 35 years of driving. At first I was so mad but when I thought about it I realized that the officer probably saved my life.

I now am so relaxed about driving. I've always been a defensive driver but now I'm even safer because I don't let the loons upset me which would lead to mistakes.

I know, how do I do it? Don't really know but it just made sense that day. Use your friend's accident as a wake up call to you to calm down and do your best driving. Take pleasure in letting waiting cars into traffic or other nice behavior.

May 02, 2005 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could let it go. i am so angry when I drive. If I am tailgated I speed up but I just want to slam on the brakes and get out of the car and beat someone. i have hurt my hand hitting the sterring wheel. My car payment is more than my house payment. I think someday I will have a heart attack. I know it makes no sense but I think about beating someone. I am a big man and I know i would go to jail. I know it is just rage. There are to many to beat up. I go to work ealry and I stay late. I wish I could go back in time. i have a good life but the twentytwo miles to work and back and the worst moments of my day.

May 03, 2005 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gene, don't let them get to you. if someone hits you in the rear they will be charged with the accident. i know how you feel. i fought my temper for a long time.

i would rather be hit in the rear than in the side or front. it takes a while to put tailgaters out of your mind. i stopped buying new cars. i buy cars with 40000 miles on them and i feel better. hang in there. you are not alone.

May 05, 2005 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can seem that Farragut is more east Nashville than west Knoxville sometimes. The far-flung location means that we are all in a hurry...well, no one made us move here and we're the ones responsible for the suburban sprawl.

May 23, 2005 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home