Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I Take It That...

...Apparently Traffic Lights, Stop Signs, Pedestrians, Speed Limits, Those White and Yellow Lines, School Zones & even using the turn signals on your vehicle DO NOT matter to anyone else who has a license to drive in West Knox County. It takes a visible Sheriff or KPD Officer to get people to comply with those basic "rules of the road." For the few days I decided to keep myself away from my computer this past holiday season, I decided to really be a stickler for the rules of the road and see what would happen. I drove the speed limit, waited for pedestrians to cross the street, stopped if I saw yellow, waited the 3 seconds if I was the only one at an intersection with a stop sign, etc. Boy did I get some reactions! Now mind you, I drive a Buick Rendezvous (and it's not a small vehicle by any means), but I actually had some folks try and run me off the road (well, it felt like it anyway) by trying to push me into driving faster, run red lights, etc. Now if the Mayor and the Aldermen for our town can't work with our KCSD, then maybe it's time to find an alternative. After all, why even have a town if you are not going to be concerned about the safety and security of it's residents???

--
Anonymous comments are allowed, just keep them clean, o.k. However, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home