Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Miss My Car...

My car has been in the shop since Monday & I've really missed driving it, but not just because it is my car. Driving around in a mid-size rental car is not it, either. But being bullied, pushed, passed on the right and close to being run-off the road is! That is not how anyone should feel behind the wheel! I don't care if you're 16, 36 (like I'll be soon) or 86, one shouldn't feel intimidated by other drivers driving larger vehicles. I'm sure that this is just the "few bad apples" getting to me, but maybe it isn't. I know we've got some of the best roads in Knox County, but does that mean people should be disregarding the safety of themselves and others by speeding and driving agressively? No!

I wish this would be the last post on West Knox/Farragut driving, but it probably won't unless some major changes are made by it's administrations.

--
Anonymous comments are allowed, just keep them clean, o.k. However, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

While this isn't exactly what you meant, I get extremely intimidated at times driving on the interstate right next to a semi or car-hauler. When they match your speed (or in this morning's case on Pellissippi, driving down a hill they coasted until they hit almost 80 and passed me) I feel I'm being squeezed against the divider wall.

Ugh.

October 19, 2005 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you feel more secure in your SUV? Is that a reason why you bought it?

October 20, 2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Actually I bought it because my stbew and I were thinking of having a family, as well as because we both got tired of being cramped in a tiny car when we'd go places with our friends and why take 3 vehicles when 1 would do. The "security" (note: it's in quotes because it's not really any more safe than any other vehicle, it's just an illusion) was more of a side benefit more than anything. I've grown to like it though. But it's not why I bought it.

And with gas prices where they are, I'm inclined to buy a "beater" car and drive it into the ground around town and save the SUV for weekends and long trips.

October 21, 2005 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Leisa Dreps said...

Hmm, I think you're right. But it's not bullying for me. Driving brings a lot of advantages. However, commuting or walking is better for others because they get to exercise and enjoy their surroundings. Why was your car in the shop, btw?

February 23, 2012 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Toyota Belta 2009 said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

October 10, 2012 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home