Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Campbell Station Headaches!

OK, am I imagining things or is Campbell Station road North of Kingston Pike getting more and more congested? I head down that road several times a week from Grigsby Chapel/Parkside Dr. to go to my Chiropractor, Blockbuster, get dinner at Oskies, or Gondolier, KFC, etc. Lately, it seems like this road is full of "road-ragers" (including one in a huge SUV that decided to pass me using the center turn lane, no less!). I'm thinking of calling in the sheriff's dept. and asking them to police this road a bit more agressively. After all, Farragut Primary School is on this road, as is the Farragut Branch of the Knox County Library, Campbell Station Park and the back entrance to Farragut High.

Am I alone in my part of town for wanting a safe place to drive and walk? Let me know.
--
Anonymous comments are allowed, just keep them clean, o.k. However, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the same experience. A SUV passed me on the center lane a few weeks ago. Talking on a cell phone going South to Kingston Pike a tan Suburban with a woman driver. Must have been important.

November 10, 2005 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Kingston Pike 500 is between Lovell Road and Concord road. Speeding and on cell phones is the choice of most drivers. Also using the center turn lane for a half mile before they need to turn.

November 11, 2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Do we need to start "shaming" people like they used to do way back in the days of the stocks? Maybe we should start taking down license plates and posting them? What do y'all think? My only fear is someone will use it as a means for revengs as opposed to really tracking down offenders.

November 14, 2005 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home